G+ Business Page – Simple tutorial
There was a lot of fuss when G+ and Youtube were linked, people complaining that they had to use their real names on their Youtube accounts now; well you actually don’t, if you link a G+ Business Page to your YT account.
I’ve put together a simple tutorial on how to do this below that I hope will help.
- You must be logged in as your main G+ profile.
- Choose business type, I went for Brand
- You will then be taken to this screen where you can set up
profile pic, settings, etc and post as your business page.
- You will still be able to access all of your other pages and
your main ID.
- To link a page to your YT account go to settings
- In settings scroll down to third part tools and click on set
up a password.
- You will then be prompted to enter your main password
- Create password, this will allow you to sign in as your G+
- You should see this screen.
- If you now log out of your main user area you will be able
to sign back in using the business page username and password (in this case the
username was email@example.com).
- To add a gmail account to your G+ business page (which also
has the nice side-effect of making your username/log in for the business page a
bit more user-friendly), go to https://accounts.google.com/b/0/AddMailService#inbox,
as long as you are logged in as your G+ business page the gmail account will
automatically be assigned to your new business page.
- You will now be able to log in to your business page as your
new gmail email address.
- To create a new Youtube account linked to your G+ business
page make sure you are logged in as the business page and go to http://www.youtube.com/account_advanced.
- If you have an existing YT account then you should be able
to link it to a G+ business page using the settings on Youtube (make sure you
have your login and password for your G+ business page.)