Fantastic Dimensions asked whether I could discuss Fate compels in more detail, happy to oblige 🙂
As promised here is the video version of our sixth episode in this series where we discuss the default actions in Fate.
I played in a very enjoyable game of Fate Accelerated last night run by Sam Dimercurio of Chalice in Chains (recommend you give the YT channel a look); I played Asim Shadid, leader of the Sons of Ammon, a band of desert warriors pledged to prevent the rise of Imhotep.
The other players/characters were:
- Alex Gillot as Howard Bowman, an arms dealer and criminal with a shadey past.
- David Semmes as Hamilton Harris, a disenfranchised banker with a passion for motorcycles.
- Ian F. White as Charles Manning, a well spoken gentleman working with the British Intelligence service.
Great fun game, good GMing and excellent RP all round; you can watch the video here:
Fantastic Dimensions asked for some additional tips on running horror games in his video, so here’s my response:
The fourteenth session of Skyless City Jadepunk game has now finished and been uploaded to Youtube:
We suffered some technical difficulties with our last Jadepunk session video that lead to the audio for one of the players not being recorded at all on the live-streamed video; I’ve been looking into ways to prevent this in the future, but rather than leave a gap in the playlist I decided to record a summary video.
I’ve been at the UK Games Expo 2015 all weekend with my wife Hannah gaming with some fantastic people, trying some new games and meeting up with top YT folks.
I’m very tired but wanted to get some of my first thoughts down as a video.
The fourth and final part of the first session uploaded by James.
Part 2 of the Agents of Empire game I play in run by Aurél András Kovács, and starring James Chambers, Lilienberg Ferenc, Sebastian Bengtsson, Martin Papp has now been uploaded by James 🙂
* RPG BUGBEARS – Excessive searching and obsession with detail.
* GM tips – Make sure your players understand the goal/aim of your game.
* GM tips – accents & vocal mannerisms
* Player tips – collaboration & selling
* RPG Questions – Importance of maps
* GM tips – The entirely improvised session
* RPG Bugbears – Lengthy scenery descriptions.
* RP based around equipment.
* Published metaplot vs sandbox
* Soundtracks in RPGs
* Getting new players involved in RPGs
* Balance of Prep
* Selling for other people
* “what people want” – make sure NPCs have motivations
* When to cut your losses with a rules system
* Player Tips – Creating compelling characters
* GM tips – Describing a scene
* Player Tips – Be cooperative
* Player Tips – The pluses and minuses of social characters
* Combats that take too long, chewing up entire sessions
* G+ hangout sessions – when to cut your losses