- Everyone seemed to enjoy the session.
- Character genning was fairly quick and I really loved how the players all grabbed hold of the story based idea of the Fate Accelerated rules system.
- Was good to do some tabletop with friends whom I don’t get chance to game with (in that format).
- The player characters seemed to gel as a party with the first flickers of IC banter and relationships forming.
- We managed to carry out a small introductory (since not all players are familiar with the Fate Accelerated rules) combat that went off fairly well.
- The scene is now set for the next main session.
- All of the players seemed willing and keen to do another session.
- Almost constant technical problems meant that we had people dropping out and jumping back in, I got booted from the hangout twice meaning that we ended up having to film it in three segments.
- Due to the tech problems the game felt a little dis-jointed since we had to keep re-capping for people who had dropped out and re-joined.
After some prompting from one of my future players, i’ve knocked up the character sheet below for my Serpents Fall game.
I’ve managed to nail down the following nations/groups of people for my forthcoming campaign:
- Norsica – frozen tundra, barren, viking barbarians who often sail south in their longboats seeking to raid for supplies and slaves/thralls.
- Horse People – although descended from Norsicans the Horse People tribes are now very distinct and seem to spend their lives in the saddle roaming the grassy tundra and plains (think Mongols).
- Saxony – kingdom ruled by king who is advised by the noble barons of hereditary ruling families (based on real-world Saxons).
- Khemri – a dark desert kingdom ruled by death-obsessed sorceror kings from ziggurat tomb-cities (a sort of evil/occult version of ancient Egypt).
- Stygia – a land of dry plains and scrubland that was decimated by a the civil-war that lead to the birth of Khemri, Stygia is rules by tribes who worship ancestor spirits and have a great number of tribal taboos, one being a prohibition against using evil magics (think mythic Africa).
- Celtia – a warlike land populated by a people who have rejected the civilisation introduced by the Serpent Empire (and later embraced by Saxony), the Celts are divided into family grouping, each rules by their own King, in times of dire need this Kings will call a council where they will elect a High-King for the duration of the crisis.
- Scarlet Brotherhood – a loose affiliation of mercenaries, pirates and thieves who are located mainly (although not exclusively) on the Sword Isles.