Sample Edge of Empire Antagonist
Following on from my previous post about defining my Star Wars plot notes by the various antagonists in the game I’ve statted up one of the antagonists for my game, Sham’Secca the notorious Twi’lek bounty hunter.
Please note: If you’re one of the players in my EotE game please do not read any further.
A notorious Twi’lek bounty hunter who works for the all female bounty hunting house Renliss, of the Bounty Hunter Guild; she is reknowned for being an expert in firearms, explosives and hand to hand combat. A patient hunter, Sham’Secca takes her time setting up a kill, often using apprentice Bounty Hunters to soften up a target and assess their strengths/weaknesses.
Rumour has it that she possess a laser sword taken from an acquisition terminated on behalf of the Empire.
Please note: I used the guidelines in the EotE Gamesmasters Guide to add XP to this antagonist to make them a real challenge for the PCs.
BRAWN 4 AGILITY 4 INTELLECT 3 CUNNING 3 WILLPOWER 3 PRESENCE 3 SOAK 6 WOUND THRES 20 STRAIN THRES 14 M/R DEF 1/1 SKILLS: BRAWL 2, COERCION 2, COOL 2, RANGED(HEAVY) 3, RANGED(LIGHT) 2, MELEE 2, PERCEPTION 3, PILOTING(SPACE) 2, STEALTH 2, VIGILANCE 3. TALENTS: ADVERSARY 2 (UPGRADE DIFF OF ALL COMBAT CHECKS AGAINST THIS TARGET TWICE), DEADLY ACCURACY (ADD RANKS OF RANGED(HEAVY) TO ALL DAMAGE FROM ATTACKS USING THAT SKILL), LETHAL BLOWS 3 (+30 TO CRIT INJURY ROLLS AGAINST OPPONENTS), STALKER 4 (ADD 4 BONUS DICE TO ANY COORDINATION AND STEALTH CHECKS). DODGE: WHEN TARGETED BY COMBAT CHECK MAY PERFORM A DODGE INCIDENTAL TO SUFFER 1 STRAIN AND UPGRADE THE DIFFICULTY OF THE COMBAT CHECK BY 1. PRECISE AIM: 1/ROUND MAY PERFORM PRECISE AIM MANEUVER SUFFER UP TO 2 STRAIN AND REDUCE TARGETS MELEE AND RANGED DEFENCE BY THAT NUMBER. JUMP UP: 1/ROUND MAY STAND FROM SEATED OR PRONE AS AN INCIDENTAL. EQUIPMENT: - MODDED H BLASTER RIFLE (RANGED(HEAVY)): DMG 12, CRIT 3, RANGE LONG, AUTOFIRE, CUMBERSOME 3, PIERCE 1 - RIFLE FLAME PROJECTOR ATTACHMENT: RANGED(HEAVY), DMG 13, CRIT 2, RANGE SHORT, BURN 5, BLAST 8. - VIBROKNIFE: MELEE, DMG 5, CRIT 2, RANGE ENGAGED, PIERCE 2, VICIOUS 1. - 4 X STUN GRENADES: RANGED(LIGHT, DMG 8, CRITICAL -, RANGE SHORT, BLAST 8, DISORIENT 3, LIMITED AMMO 1, STUN DAMAGE. - HEAVY BATTLE ARMOUR: +2 SOAK, +1 DEFENSE.
(crossed out goals have already been achieved in the game)
1. Accept bounty to bring in Chuloo Banta placed by Rhi Anwamm.
2. Send a group of apprentice bounty hunters (including Lana Thif) after Chuloo to test his abilities and any allies he may have.
3. Make it widely known that she is willing to pay handsomely for anyone providing her with Chuloo’s location.
4. Send a group of journeyman hunters to apprehend Chuloo, again observe and note any abilities that may prove problematic.
5. Attempt to isolate the acquisition.
6. Move and attempt to take down the acquisition from a distance; if this fails she will withdraw and make another attempt later, possibly using other hunters as a distaction or to keep any allies occupied.
Antagonist End Result
Capture Chuloo Banta (dead or alive) and return him to Rhi Anwamm in the Luminae System where she can collect her bounty.
Tags: antagonist, bounty hunter, Edge of the Empire, nemesis, NPC, Rhi Anwamm, Sham'secca, stats, Twi'Lek