It’s traditional after doing a LARP event to post highs and low points of the event, normally these are posted on Facebook but I thought ‘hey, since i’ve got this new kiss-ass website why not put them on there instead?’
I couldn’t come up with any good reason why not so here we go; as always i’ll start with the lows so that I can end on a high note.
- Despite feeling more awake and energetic due to the controlled lowering of my epilepsy medications a combination of the hot weather and tiredness still left me flagging by the end of the day.
- There never seems to be enough time to get around to doing everything that you want to do.
- There was a lot of waiting around in the monster room whenever we went down to monster.
- Watching someone spit their dummy because they shouted out a weapons call and the monster (surrounded by about five people hitting him with weapons) obviously didn’t hear them; by the time I tapped the monster on the should and said ‘You’ve been halted’ the person had stormed off.
- At one point trying to get back to our faction camp and failing five times because each time I got called away by something, thankfully Alex bought me a sandwich so I actually managed to eat something.
- Escaping with Excalibur as a demon high mage.
- The pig men outside the Tesseract and watching as a combination of redcaps and beastkin leapt on them screaming about bacon – go Team NomNom 🙂
- Really enjoying the Unicorns as a faction, great friendly bunch.
- Enjoying being a diplomat, a different game and very interesting.
- Being told more about redcap history.
- Lord Oberron’s arrival and the scene surrounding the swearing in of the two new fey princes.
- Lots of entertaining and different monster roles.
- The refs making good use of limited monsters in the final fight and trusting the monster crew not to take the p*ss with the abilities we were given.
Overall i’m very much looking forward to the next event, planning on stocking up on coffee/energy drinks in an attempt to keep me going throughout.